In Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, thousands of giant insects and aliens once again ravage the earth, and only the Earth Defense Force can stop them. Create a squad of up to three players in co-op play using any four upgradeable armor types and destroy these monsters at all costs, even if it means turning entire city blocks into rubble with a selection of over 300 weapons.
Taking place in the fictional city of New Detroit,the giant insects and aliens are back in Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and the soldiers are equipped better than ever in the latest cult classic iteration that follows in the footsteps of Earth Defense Force 2017 (Japanese Title “Earth Defense Force 3” developed by Sandlot).
Insect Armageddon adds a new aspect to the Earth Defense Force series that was born in Japan, with additional elements for all EDF soldiers to experience. Players can now participate in Campaign mode via online co-op for up to three players against the insects and aliens across a completely destructible city. Every EDF soldier can collect over 300 weapons and can choose from four upgradeable armor sets including the vaunted Jet Armor for battles on the ground and in the air. Players will engage in nonstop arcade action that is the fastest and deadliest in the series against a seemingly unstoppable swarm of insects and giant alien invaders.
In addition, the game also features a six player Survival mode that pits a human squad against a nonstop onslaught of the largest enemies the aliens have to offer. New Detroit’s giant bug problem is unavoidable, and mankind’s last hope lies with the Earth Defense Force. Defend the world from the insect invasion, even if it means blowing up the entire city as part of the extermination process.
This marks the first time players will be able to experience EDF for PC and the game will include all of the downloadable content (DLC) previously released.
In addition, players will be able to purchase and download four new PC exclusive weapons packs at launch for their armor classes: The Earth Defense Force Battle Armor Weapon Chest, Trooper Special Issue Enforcer Package, Aerialist Munitions Package, and Tactician Advanced Tech Package. Each weapons pack will include ten weapons and feature high powered artillery like the Nilas Cryo Pancake Cycler; a devastating ice mortar that blasts enemies up to 30 meters away, the Rav-Tech Vespoid; a nasty acid shotgun based on Ravager tech, and the Neptanzer Linkjump Cinerus; a short-ranged chain lightning weapon developed for the Jet Armor. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon will also support Steam Cloud saving and Steam Achievements for PC.
- Epic Battles Against Hordes of Insect and Giant Alien Robot Invaders – Players will face-off against non-stop swarms of attackers ranging from giant ants and spiders to robots standing more than 100 meters tall for the most outrageously destructive battles ever seen before.
- Online and Local Co-op Campaign Mode – Players can jump into Campaign mode via online co-op or grab a friend and work together to battle through the alien and insect swarms for world supremacy!
- Over 300 Weapons and Four Upgradeable Armor Types – Battle alongside an EDF squad through New Detroit armed with four upgradeable armor types and over 300 unique weapons including assault rifles, rocket launchers, energy weapons, sniper rifles and grenade launchers to repel the bug infestation from all enemy fronts.
- Completely Destructible Environments – Do whatever it takes to defend the earth. Use mortars and grenades to tear down entire city blocks from skyscrapers down to hot dog stands as you try to keep the insect invasion from infesting New Detroit.
- Six-Player Online Survival Mode Multiplayer Battle – Be victorious in an all-out fight to the finish in Survival Mode where up to six players are deployed to clash against an endless swarm of enemies that gets tougher with each wave.
More articles about Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon