Originally known as Exile: Escape From the Pit and released in 1995, this remastered version of Avernum: Escape from the Pit will contain immense overhauls to the system, graphics, compatibility, and interface of the indie classic.
Avernum: Escape from the Pit tells a story of imprisonment, rebellion, and the struggle for freedom against overwhelming odds.
You have been banished to the underworld, never to see the light of day again.
The surface is ruled by the cruel Emperor Hawthorne, master of the Empire. All of the known lands are subject to his brutal command. Everyone who speaks out, who misbehaves, who doesn’t fit in is cast into the dark, volcanic pits of Avernum, far below the surface. There, you are expected to die, a victim of starvation, horrible monsters, or simple despair.
But not all of the Avernites have surrendered. With magic and steel, they are forging a new nation deep underground. You can join them and fight for safety. Or freedom. Or even, if you dare, revenge on the surface-dwellers who tried to destroy you.
Avernum: Escape From the Pit is an epic fantasy role-playing adventure in a unique and deadly world. Fight to complete up to three game-winning quests. Explore a massive nation of tunnels and caverns, seeking out eighty towns and dungeons. Master over 50 spells and battle disciplines and hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts. Avernum: Escape From the Pit is a total, ground-up rewrite of the last century’s Indie hit Avernum.
- Epic fantasy adventure in an enormous underworld.
- Huge outdoors and eighty towns and dungeons.
- Three separate game-winning quests. Seek safety, escape or revenge. Do just one of them or all three!
- Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
- Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
- Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
More articles about Avernum: Escape From the Pit