Tribes: Ascend is a new generation of AAA free online multiplayer shooter, incorporating classic Tribes elements such as fast-paced jetpack enabled combat, skiing, and vehicles, combined with teamwork and strategy, with servers currently located across North America, Europe, and Australia.
“The Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta has exceeded our expectations,” says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. “Over 300,000 players participated in the Closed Beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback. We are now excited to launch Open Beta this Friday. We have expanded capacity in North America, Europe, and Australia and added new local servers to support growing communities in Brazil and Asia.”
All player progress and unlocks will be preserved with no planned character wipes.
As of Friday at noon EST / 5pm GMT, anyone interested in trying Tribes: Ascend can create an account and download the game, without the need for a beta key.
In advance of Open Beta, a significant patch this week will include:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
More articles about Tribes: Ascend