Halo 4 ushers in the return of mankind’s greatest hero, the Master Chief, in a newly envisioned, epic sci-fi adventure.
Set nearly five years after the events of Halo 3, Halo 4 follows the Master Chief and his faithful artificial intelligence (AI) companion Cortana as they venture into a mysterious new world and discover an overpowering ancient evil that threatens to annihilate mankind. With humanity’s fate hanging in the balance, the Master Chief and Cortana are thrust into a desperate mission against overwhelming odds to save mankind from the threat of imminent extinction.
The Majestic Map Pack delivers the close-quarters action fans have been craving in three all-new small to medium sized maps designed specifically for tight, competitive combat in small-team and free-for-all modes: Landfall, Monolith and Skyline.
Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles amidst a glittering ocean and a city under siege on a distant world. Monolith is an open battlefield; a Forerunner monument that exposes you to the naked vacuum of space –and the firepower of opposing teams. Skyline puts you in the air on a new construction site, and its distinctly industrial surroundings and sky-high locale provides new challenges in confined spaces.
Additionally, the map pack introduces two new “Majestic DLC” playlists and a new free-for-all game type, “Infinity Rumble,” that is exclusive to the “Majestic DLC” playlist for a limited time, as well as 10 new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore.
New Battlegrounds: Majestic Map Pack
- Landfall: A shining city under attack…
- The world of Tribute is now a graveyard, but its capital was once a bright beacon of commerce among the inner colonies. Fight in the corridors and courtyards of Casbah’s port authority buildings, but don’t stand still too long. Perfect for Infinity Slayer, this small to midsize asymmetrical map offers interiors with sparse cover, which encourages close-range combat, while the exteriors offer long lines of sight to stalk your opponents. Awesome jump routes let players spring around the outside of the map, incidentally offering a perfect view of the city as it is razed by the Covenant’s brutal assault.
- Monolith: Adrift in a forgotten asteroid belt…
- This monument and many like it were built by the Forerunners after their final victory over the ancient humans. This small map has central man-cannons, short corridors, almost no cover, and open sightlines which make the location great for a mixture of close and mid-range battle. Monolith harkens back to more classic “Halo” arena-based maps, and its symmetry lends nicely to objective-based modes like Capture the Flag. Monolith is an open battlefield; wherever you look, you will witness the ferocious action that only a small and open map can provide.
- Skyline: Combat analysts agree…
- The rooftop terrain on this new space tether construction site is an ideal training environment for close-quarters infantry combat. This map, perched high above the sights of reconstruction in Cascade’s capital city, is small and symmetrical, perfect for Regicide with a mixture of high and low spaces and plenty of cover. Don’t think cover means you’re safe, however – this map holds explosive fuel cells that can and will wreak havoc in Skyline’s confined spaces, not to mention the long, long drop if you misstep.
New Game Type: “Infinity Rumble”
Halo 4’s” new game type, Infinity Rumble, is exclusive for a limited time to Majestic Map Pack owners and brings a few new twists to the War Games experience. It is a free-for-all game type where players can earn personal ordnance; all special medal and style kills help you earn ordnance faster, and you can also earn assists off of enemy players for even more medal points. Players must carefully conserve and use their ordnance at just the right moment, or combine power-ups with power weapons in the race to be first. Every kill, and every death counts in Infinity Rumble, and this is reflected with a slower spawn time in the free-for-all matches.
New Playlists: “Majestic Team DLC” and “Majestic FFA DLC”
The Majestic Map Pack also brings two new playlists to the War Games experience:
- Majestic FFA DLC (8 players): Majestic FFA is an incredibly intense free-for-all playlist. Players are all alone in this playlist with seven others, vying for first place!
- Majestic Team DLC (4 vs. 4): Majestic Team DLC is a 4 vs. 4 playlist that focuses on both team play and tight objective combat.
The new maps will also be integrated into existing Infinity Slayer, Capture the Flag, SWAT, Regicide, Doubles, Team Objective, and Team Throwdown playlists. DLC maps will appear in a playlist if all members of the match have the content purchased or the War Games Map Pass.
The Majestic Map Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points. Players who purchase the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass or “Halo 4” Limited Edition will receive access to both the Crimson and Majestic Map Packs as well as the final map pack when it releases in April at a 15 percent savings versus purchasing them individually.
More articles about Halo 4