In Contrast, experience and explore a surreal 1920’s dreamscape, set in a vaudevillian-inspired, film-noir styled backdrop. In a world full of performance, magic, intrigue and deception, the player takes on the role of Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi. Every kid’s imaginary friend is special, and Dawn is no exception. She has the power to shift from the reality of the vibrant game stage into the shadowy parallel world. Gamers will be challenged to unravel the drama by leveraging light sources and manipulating real-world objects to affect the shadows placement, depth, height and overall weighting to solve mind-bending puzzles.
Delve into Contrast, a world filled with incredible atmosphere, amplified by a rich cabaret soundtrack and professional voice actor cast. Use Dawn’s special abilities to uncover the mysteries of this world, and help Didi unravel the web of secrets, experienced through the eyes of a child.
“Contrast is a very special project with its atmosphere, artistic direction and innovative gameplay and we knew that from the moment we saw the game,” said Cédric Lagarrigue, CEO ofFocus Home Interactive. “We are delighted to be partnering with Compulsion Games and believe this project to be one of the biggest indie surprises of the year.”
"We are thrilled to be partnering with FOCUS to bring Contrast to the public. With all the effort and dedication the team has poured into this project, we feel we have found the partner that understands and fully embraces the creative artistry we have instilled in our game," stated Guillaume Provost, creative director and founder at Compulsion Games. "FOCUS's strong international presence, their experienced team and their unique understanding of Contrast make them the ideal partner to communicate the game's vision to a worldwide audience."
- Discover an inventive 2D/3D puzzle platformer that allows the player to shift between a 3D landscape and 2D shadowscape to complete missions and explore
- Create unique shadow landscapes by manipulating light sources
- Utilize Dawn’s ability to shift into shadows to solve mind-bending puzzles
- Players are immersed in a lush vaudevillian world of cabaret singers, circus performers, and illusionists
- Novel mechanics, combined with fascinating landscapes, challenge creativity & imagination with each mission
- Explore and reveal the story behind Contrast by bringing light into the world
More articles about Contrast