Originally released in 1989 on the NES, DuckTales was widely seen as one of the generation's most influential platform titles. DuckTales: Remastered returns to the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie as they explore different worlds on their search for five legendary treasures.
The development team has taken the original levels and layouts and expanded on them to enhance the gameplay. All of the visuals from the 8-bit game have been re-created as hand-drawn and animated sprites across a backdrop of re-envisioned level backgrounds. Original Disney character voice talent, including some from the cartoon TV series, bring the characters to life. The classic melodies of the original soundtrack have also been given a modern twist.
DuckTales: Remastered is rated "E" for "Everyone" by the ESRB and is available on Xbox Live for $14.99.
In Sanctum 2, which features elements from the tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, players are tasked with protecting the oxygen-producing Cores from deadly aliens. Players set up towers to take out the enemies and then jump into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer.
- Tower defense: Create mazes and use towers to prevent the enemies from destroying the Cores
- First-person shooter: Jump into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad, in four-player co-op multiplayer
- Seamless drop-in, drop-out multiplayer
- 16 maps in four worlds
- Customization and progression systems: Choose perks or add Feats of Strength
- Enemy aggro system for intense, challenging encounters
- DLC: new challenges, expansions, levels and surprises coming soon
Sanctum 2 is rated "T" for "Teen" by the ESRB and is available on PlayStation Network for $14.99.