Set in the massively multiplayer fantasy world of Mythador which supports its own living economic, trading, development and diplomacy systems, players will be given the opportunity to leave their mark on the land’s already war torn history when Dawn of Fantasy is launched.
Offering a fresh perspective on the fantasy RTS genre, Dawn of Fantasy will deliver a persistent world war experience like none before.Thousands of Players living, building, exploring and fighting together to crush with AI controlled strongholds and empires, in a rich tapestry of story-driven encounters that help to build upon the already weighty single player campaign experience. In a world that continues to trade and evolve even after logging off, Players will also be able to test their armies’ constitution in matched head-to-head, multiplayerencounters on their road to becoming the biggest city-state in Mythador.
Each of the three different races available to players – elves, men and orcs – offer a radically different playing style based on a carefully balanced system of strengths and weaknesses. With an in-game narrative driven by a dramatic historical background, Dawn of Fantasy will combine rich storytelling with compelling gameplay to provide a strategy experience to appeal to MMO and RTS fans alike.
"With Kingdom Wars going free-to-play our primary goal is to create a large player community that loves and supports our games”, said Konstantin Fomenko, Reverie World CEO. “To this end we did not go the standard Pay to Win route, instead opting for limited micro-transactions that doesn’t affect gameplay mechanics in any way. It's a game of skill, not bigger wallets”
Thousands of new players will build their empires and battle online without having to pay anything to speed up gameplay or unlock premium content. Kingdom Wars is one of the first persistent 3D MMO titles with real-time siege combat. Offering an evolving online environment, in which players gather resources, build towns and castles, complete dozens of storyline quests, and eventually build an empire - all within an online realm that grows, works, and breathes even when you log off.
In the weeks leading up the official launch of free-to-play, Kingdom Wars Premium Package is available for early access on Steam for $4.99. This is a great chance to get a head-start on thousands of players who are soon to follow, as well as to obtain over $20 of content - including all customization and decoration options that new players will have to unlock.
Kingdom Wars will be available as a free-to-play title on Steam this September.
Key Features :
- Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers.
- Enhanced by the latest visual technology; yet boasting surprisingly low system requirements, Dawn of Fantasy immerses players in a realistic and vivid 3D world with hundreds of different terrain objects designed to add to the realism and heighten the game experience.
- Lead an army of a thousand in a skirmish with up to seven other players or micromanage your units to sneak into an enemy stronghold in the dead of night. Play with up to seven others in three distinct skirmish modes: Lay Siege, Stronghold Defense, and Build & Defend.
- Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Mythador while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players.
- Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs - each of which offers a radically different play style and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay
- Three Game Modes:
- “Lay Siege” mode allows players to practice taking opponent’s castles, while "Defend Castle" is the opposite.
- “Kingdom Wars” mode allows players to experience a single-player campaign.
- “Online Kingdoms” is the main, massively multiplayer, version of the game that follows the plot
- Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Earn mana through quest completion and character development to learn new spells and counter-spells, enabling you to wield the power of the elements.
- Level up your units through battle, learn new spells, and micromanage individual units for mounting, running, corpse looting, and battle with dozens of unique formations.
- User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: spike traps, stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted trebuchets.
- Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering and trade possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
More articles about Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars