Featuring a masterful reconstruction of the battlefront setting of Kharkov, players will engage in unique combat that offers the highest level of authenticity. With the incorporation of highly flexible AI, players will have the opportunity to choose new strategies based on opponent behavior with every new round of gameplay. The inclusion of realistic missile trajectories and destructible environments is set to keep all army commanders hanging on the balance of the historic struggle. Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 delivers a thorough recreation of the battle with precisely detailed soldier units, weapons, artillery units and vehicles based on actual military archive materials and WWII chronicles.
Join the Achtung Panzer fan page on Facebook where 5 copies of the game will be given away to fans at the end of the day.
- Great replayability and flexible AI behaviour: “smart” AI analyses tactical movements of player and chooses the best strategy based on opponents’ behaviour, rather than following scripts. It allows players to complete the same scenarios using different tactics as if playing with human player.
- Painstaking landscape reconstruction of Kharkov region in scope and size
- Thorough re-creation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile trajectories or number of crew, were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
- Dynamic change of day & night, and weather effects that affect combat – terrain passableness, visibility on the battlefield, disguise abilities of all forces, etc.
- Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield until the end of the scenario.
- Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
- Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
- Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue and morale that affect his behaviour and effectiveness.
- Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 is now available from most major digital distributors, including GamersGate and Impulse and select digital distributors are offering 15% off the game’s $19.99 price until March 3.